Motivation, education and inspiration for photographers Forums Lighting Off Camera Flash Do you own a flash, have you tried off-camera-flash?

• Do you own a flash, have you tried off-camera-flash?

• Quintin Mills

Administrator
    3rd Dec 2020 at 5:57 pm

I hear so many stories about people owning a flash, but they have never taken it out and used it. It seems super difficult, but once you have the basics, your photography will improve in leaps and bounds. Once you have one flash sorted, add a second, then add gels!

Even using an on camera flash in creative ways can produce incredible results.

So tell me your flash story 🙂

• hendrik@magmemphoto.co.za

3rd Dec 2020 at 6:54 pm

I bought my first flash back in the day, Nikon SB-800 and tried to use it with my film camera. It was a disaster up to when I completed my basic photography course, on film. Then digital came and I discovered Joe McNally! I went to his workshop when he was in SA. Bought lots of his DVD’s and books. At one stage I had 4 x SB-800’s and 4 x SB-900’s. Now I shoot with flash or studio lights, even outside. Sometimes long exposures as well. I can’t shoot without adding light!

• Quintin Mills

Administrator
      4th Dec 2020 at 7:12 am

I have to bring my own light 🙂
      I love how i can create a look either with flash only or a combination of flash and natural light. There is nothing like seeing something in your head, setting up the lighting and seeing it materialise on your LCD screen.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now