- 1.1 Information sent over the Internet, including email, can be intercepted, seen or changed. We take steps to limit these risks. Because we cannot stop all illegal activities, we are not responsible for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result thereof. To limit risks, we may check any information you send using our website or email
2 PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
- 2.1 Should you wish to get in contact with our appointed Information Officer, please send an email to Hello@huntersoflight.co.za.
- 2.2 General
- 2.2.1 You warrant that all information submitted by you is true, accurate, current and complete. You shall not misrepresent your identity.
- 2.2.2 We may collect (whether electronically or submitted to us by you), store and use any information supplied by you during the course of your use of the Website. Such information may be Personal Information (which may include your name and surname, email address, contact number, IP address, delivery address, User selected password and non-personal browsing habits and click patterns) as set out above or relating to you, your business, company or other legal entity. The Owner may collect, store, use and process (including sharing with third parties if applicable) such information in accordance with the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 and any other applicable legislation in the Republic of South Africa. You warrant that you are authorised to provide us with any information you may supply to us and hereby consent to the Owner’s processing and any further processing of such personal information.
- 2.2.3 We collect, store and use the abovementioned information for the following purposes:
- 220.127.116.11 To identify you.
- 18.104.22.168 providing goods to you.
- 22.214.171.124 Sending information about our services to you.
- 126.96.36.199 subject to the User’s consent, inform the User of facts relating to his/her access and use of the Website.
- 188.8.131.52 to compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to the Website.
- 184.108.40.206 meet our responsibilities to you.
- 220.127.116.11 follow your instructions.
- 18.104.22.168 comply with applicable regulations.
- 2.2.4 Without your personal information, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide you with the products or services that you need.
- 2.3 Comments
- 2.3.1 When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- 2.4 Media
- 2.4.1 If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website
- 2.5 Contact forms
- 2.5.1 Contact form submissions are retained.
- 2.6 Cookies
- 2.6.1 If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- 2.6.2 If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- 2.6.3 When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- 2.6.4 If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- 2.7 Embedded content from other websites
- 2.7.1 Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- 2.8 Analytics
- 2.8.1 Google Analytics helps us understand behaviour on our website better. We don’t try to identify users specifically, but rather understand what groups or types of users are doing on the site, so that we can make the site better.
- 2.8.2 We own and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us or our authorised representative.
- 2.9 Log information
- 2.9.1 When you use our website our server automatically records information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
3 SHARING OF DATA
- 3.1 We have website administrators who will have access to the personal information you provide to us. However they have signed a non-disclosure and confidentiality agreement with us.
- 3.2 We send the personal information you send to us to our server. The servers that we store Personally Information on are kept in a secure environment.
- 3.3 Your personal information is also used on third party software providers to enable us to use your information and automate our processes.
- 3.4 We restrict access to personal information to our employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
- 3.5 We do not share any other data you provide to us with any third parties unless you give us the written permission to do so.
- 3.6 We may also share your personal information:
- 3.6.1 To comply with a legal obligation;
- 3.6.2 To protect and defend the rights or property of Hunters of Light;
- 3.6.3 To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- 3.6.4 To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public; and
- 3.6.5 To protect against legal liability.
4 DATA RETENTION
- 4.1 If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- 4.2 For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
5 CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- 5.1 Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
- 5.2 We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
6 YOUR RIGHTS
- 6.1 You have the right to request that we correct, destroy or delete any of your Personal Information that we have processed in accordance with this policy. The Personal Information that you may request us to correct, destroy or delete is Personal Information that has been processed that is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading, obtained unlawfully or that we are no longer authorised to retain.
- 6.2 You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to process your Personal Information at any time. The withdrawal of your consent can only be made by you on the condition that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the processing of your Personal Information if the processing is in compliance with an obligation imposed on us by law.
- 6.3 You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information at any time, on reasonable grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is required by law.