Competitions are a great opportunity to showcase your images and see the work of your fellow members. Photography should be fun – when you take a great image why not show it off. And, of course, when your photos get a million votes from our global photography community, that is a really good feeling.
A little friendly competition is a great way to stay motivated – trying different angles, lighting, lenses will also improve your photography. At the end of the day, it is also just amazing to connect with photographers from all over the world.
The monthly photo competitions are linked to the theme of the month and are your opportunity to go out and take a killer photo based on the theme and win the sponsored prize of the month.
The main prize winner is determined by a panel of judges. JOBY GorillaPod Original winner is determined by member votes.
Rules, regulations and all that good stuff.
There are a few standard rules to help provide a framework for the contests.
- In order to promote unbiased voting, all photos are posted without the entrant’s name and may not include a watermark.
- All photos must be original work, taken by the entrants. The photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- Violators will be removed from the contest, stripped of any prize(s), and banned from entering future contests.
- The Hunters Of Light reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to stated contest rules.
- All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competitions, entrants agree that photos submitted can be used by the Hunters of Light for promoting the Hunters Of Light initiative.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- Entry limit: 4 entries per competition.
- A minimum of 10 entrants is required for a winner to be awarded. Should there be less than 10 entrants per competition, the sponsor and the Hunters of Light reserve the right to cancel the competition.
- Above all, just have fun and enjoy photography!
HOW TO ENTER
- Upload your images to the Hunters of Light website competition page
- Follow the Hunters of Light and Canon SA on Facebook and Instagram
- Post your images on your Instagram and Facebook social media accounts tagging Canon South Africa and Hunters of Light and add the hashtag for the specific competition (E.g. #wildlifemonth)
- Canon South Africa
- Hunters of Light
- Canon South Africa
- Images must be no older than 12months, exif data will be checked.
- All Hunters of Light members can enter and are eligible to win.
- The competition is open to all South African citizens except directors, members, partners, employees, agents, service providers and consultants of Canon South Africa / The Hunters of Light as well as their spouses, life partners, immediate family members, business partners and associates. (Damn!)
- Only those winners residing in South Africa will be eligible to receive the prize as we cannot courier outside of South Africa.
WINNERS & PRIZES
- Winners will be announced in the newsletter the month after judging has taken place.
- Winners will be determined by a panel of judges and will receive the sponsored prize for that theme.
- The member’s favourite image is based on member votes and will receive a JOBY GorillaPod.
- The prizes can be collected in Johannesburg or can be shipped to the winners address anywhere in South Africa via PUDO at a cost of R60 for the winners account.
Please ensure that the images you upload confirm the following specifications.
- Format: Jpeg
- Max width: 1140px (Larger images will automatically be resized.)
- Resolution: 72 dpi
- The Hunters Of Light does not claim any ownership over Content you submit or make available on the Website.
- Ownership is retained by Users at all times.
- By submitting content to The Hunters Of Light you affirm, represent and warrant that you own (and/or otherwise have the right to submit) the Content submitted or made available by you on The Hunters of Light.
- However, with respect to content on publicly accessible areas of the Website, you hereby grant The Hunters of Light, as well as its partners and sponsors, the right to display the Content and the right to use the Content to promote the contest(s) on social media and other websites. In such cases, the credit will be explicitly given to you as the owner of the Content.
- The foregoing notwithstanding, User shall at all times retain all copyright interest in any and all images submitted.